1.28.2009

Some 1st for Sawyer

Over the last few weeks SAWYER has had a few 1sts! Last weekend he caught his 1st cold. That was the saddest thing ever! He wouldn't sleep or EAT. We took him to the dr a few times and they said he had a sore throat and a COLD. No wonder he wasn't eating. They ran a bunch of TESTS to make sure there wasn't anything else wrong with him. That was hard on me. He had to get his blood drawn... like an adult too. In the arm! I was thinking they would PRICK his foot but NOPE it was the arm. I couldn't watch them do that to him so I made my mom hold him and I left the room. I was about 3 ROOMS away and I could hear him screaming. Yeah I cried. Broke my HEART. He didn't sleep the next 4 nights which meant neither did I! I think I got maybe 5 hours in those 4 nights so guess what happened to momma? I got SICK! What else do you expect being around a poor sick baby and getting NO sleep? I felt aweful. I was achy, had a sore throat, SNEEZING, stuffy/runny nose, and a headache. If that's the way he was feeling, I feel so bad for him. He is feeling a little BETTER now but still has a cough and a runny nose. Poor BAY-BEE.

Another 1st for him is he has started on solids as of this week! Just on rice cereal for now but he seems to be loving it! I gave it to him last night to see if it would help him SLEEP through the night and he did! I was shocked when I WOKE up to my alarm this morning. Usually he gets me up between 3 & 4 to eat but this MORNING I had to wake him up to eat! It was great other THAN I was feeling a little uncomforatble since he hadn't eaten in a while. All you nursing mom's know what I'm talking about! I was glad when he STARTED eating I tell you what! lol I am so excited to start feeding him solids. I've been looking for some recipes for baby food cause I want to make my OWN and have found some fun ones to try. If anyone has any they want to share please let me know! Here is a cute video of me feeding him last NIGHT!



Something else that's exciting about our LIL' one is he is getting 2 teeth on the bottom. We can feel them but they haven't come through yet. He's been a little fussy for the past month AND we couldn't figure out why UNTIL I looked at his gums and saw they were swollen! I'm so excited! I can't believe how fast he is growing! He is such a hoot! His laugh is the CUTTEST thing and the way he plays in his little jumperoo cracks me up. I'LL take a video and post that within the NEXT few days. Its adorable!


An update ABOUT Brandon and I..... Brandon is doing well in school so far. He is taking a lot of really tough classes and I have a feeling we won't be seeing much OF him soon cause he'll be studying his little heart out. He is ENJOYING working at Varian and is catching on to his new DUTIES in the accounting department. He's been playing racquetball during his LUNCH with a fellow co-worker AND is getting pretty darn good. We played last week and he whooped me! I use to be able to whoop the stuffin out of him. But THEN again, I haven't played in a year and he's been playing at least a few TIMES a week. That'll be my excuse for losing! lol


AS for me, I have been back to work full-time for about a month now and it seems to be getting harder instead of easier. Everyone told me it would get EASIER but it doesn't seem to be. Since I work such long HOURS I don't get home until late. By the time I get home and get everything ready for the next day its time to PUT Sawyer to bed. I feel like I don't get to spend any time with him. I miss him so much during the day then when I get home I have sooo much TO do I can't just sit and play with him like I'd like. Its heart breaking. I keep trying to tell myself that its only temporary but it doesn't seem to help. When I talk to my MOM & mother-in-law they tell me all these cute little THINGS that he's starting to do. I feel like I'm missing everything. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing it really is ONLY temporary and that even though I can't be WITH him, he is being taken care of by two wonderful grandma's who absolutely adore him. That gives me some piece of MIND! Brandon and I have been playing walleyball every Saturday for the past two months or so. We love it! I've always loved VOLLEYBALL but walleyball is so much better cause you don't have to CHASE the ball when it goes out of bounds CAUSE it can't go out of bounds! lol It lets you keep going with the game instead of having to run all over the place to get the ball. ITS a great workout and a lot of our friends and family come and PLAY. Its a hoot! Also I redecorated my living room and added a few little things to my kitchen and laundry room. I will also have to take pictures of those to post. It took a lot of hard work to move ALL the furniture around and we had our two good friends Dan and Tia help us out. Thanks to them! It was a big job! I'll post pictures WHEN I get a chance.

1 comment:

LisAway said...

Wow! It sounds like you've been busy! I hope you guys win the lottery and you can stay home very soon! Oh, wait, I meant to say I hope you are blessed for NOT playing the lottery and get rich the regular way! :)

That Sawyer is so darling! Glad he's feeling better. It's so sad when your baby is sick! (especially when you are too! I hope you're feeling better and getting some rest as well!)