2.04.2009
South Beach Diet
So my friend and I are trying to shed a few lbs before summer comes so we are trying the South Beach diet. Wow, I am shocked at how hard dieting really is. I have never been one for dieting but I decided to try it since my friend swears by it. The main foods you are suppose to eat are chicken, eggs, veggies, almonds, cheese sticks, and lots of water. All that is fine and pretty easy to do since I love all those. What's killin me is the portion sizes! lol I am one of those ladies who has a large appetite! When I go to Subway I can't eat a 6 inch sub. I get the foot long and eat all of it. Oink, Oink I know! I have been stretching the 'recommended' diet portion size a bit cause I am nursing so I still have to eat but I have toned down the sizes of my meals. Also, I have a sweet tooth and normally eat chocolate or some sort of sweet thing every day. That's been difficult to try to cut out! For example, today it was one of my co-workers birthday so they had donuts (the white powder ones which are my fav), ding dongs, and strawberry short cake rolls! I sat eating my cheese sick watching everyone else enjoy these sugary delights. Ugh! Since I am not suppose to have sugar I am craving it so bad! I think my psychy is to blame. When the word 'diet' comes up, my mind and body scream CHOCOLATE, REESES, DONUTS, and all the other tasty treats I shouldn't have. All I can say is, I better see some results from this or I'll be ticked! :0) Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment