4.06.2009

The Weekend...

So Derik and I got together this weekend and decided to make an Easter cake. This is how it turned out....We had such a blast making but but it took a lot of time. After we assembled the cake we had frosting all over our hands and this was the result of that....

Gotta love frosting fights!

This last week were able to get a new camera too. Ours pretty much died so we decided to go all out and get a Canon SLR. It takes such great pictures! It was a little more than I wanted to pay but I think it will be worth it. I love taking photos! Helps memories last longer!

4 comments:

LisAway said...

Cute cake! You guys are funny. I can't believe how much you guys still look the kids I grew up with. But grown up!

Elaine said...

I wasn't able to respond to the comment left on your blog earlier until now. It is hard for me to belive that someone would write such an un-Christ Like comment. What purchases you make are between husband and wife. If your camera died of course anyone in their right mind would buy a good camera that will last through future children and to make memories now of your beautiful little Sawyer. Kids grow way too fast not to take all the pictures you can so you don't miss any o the adorable things they do and technology is so much better now than even a few months ago. You could continue to buy a cheaper camera but you get what you pay for too most times and to miss some of those really cute shots? Not worth it in my book. I would ignore the comment and pitty the person who didn't have enough courage to even sign it and know that the person really must think poorly of themselves. Those who really know you will know that you are on target for being able to stay home with Sawyer. Love your Mom!

L said...

Hey Sheena!!!
Your mom gave me the address to your blog, and I LOVE IT! I'm sorry we don't get to visit much, especially considering we are family and really should get to know each other.

I agree with your mom on the camera issue. I bought a Canon Rebel XT back in 07, I've taken over 18000 pictures, and LOVE IT! Kids grow up Super fast, and if you don't capture the moments, the memories will fade with time. I love the super fast shutter speed of the digital SLR's, and have slowly begun to add new gadgets to help my photography look more professional. I'm sure you'll love the ability to take amazing shots, in the moment, rather than the moment after. That's what Jason and I always joked about, was that we missed the funny face or sweet smile with our old camera. People are mean and nosy. Stick to your guns. :) It's your life!

Hope to see you soon!
~Passey Family Washington. :)

L said...

Oh, and your little boy is ADORABLE!!! Can kids get any cuter?