5.27.2009

Memorial Weekend Fun (Kinda Lengthy)

This weekend was a very nice relaxing one! I had 5 days off from work which made it difficult to come in today! First, here are the pictures of my new lights in my house...
This is my fixture above my kitchen table BEFORE:
This is the new fixtureThis is the other BEFORE fixture in my kitchen:The new fixture:Entry chandelier BEFORE:

Brandon putting up the new fixture (he got shocked 3X's putting this up!)And the finished product:I love my new fixtures. Makes it feel more like HOME!

Friday night, we headed up to the cabin. We stopped off in Evanston and picked up Sawyer a helmet! Its the cutest thing ever! Now we can go on semi-long 4-wheeler rides and I know he'll be safe. We took him on a ride and he fell asleep.... again!Isn't that the most adorable hemelt?! I love it! While we were at the cabin, we decided to go shooting. Ugh! I am terrified of guns. I have a concealed weapons permit but really don't want a gun. Brandon doesn't get that. I wanted the permit because I could get one. To me it makes sense. I let Kelly try out Max's 357 and it didn't seem to kick too much. She then tried Brandon's XD 40 caliber and nearly lost the gun! It kicked a ton! Glad she tried it before I did! I shot Max's gun but there was NO way I was shooting the 40. When I shot the 357 I was shaking and I closed my eyes. Yeah not the best thing to do! lol I couldn't help it tho. It just scared me. I'll leave the guns and shooting to Brandon!

That was the first time Brandon got to try out his new gun. He likes it which makes me happy.

Monday/Memorial day was our 4 year Anniversary! I can't believe its been 4 years already! I just want to say that I love my husband so much! I would be absolutely lost without him. He is such a great man, husband, and father. He's done so much for me and helped me through a lot of hard times. I am truly blessed to call him my husband. I love you so much sweetie and I am so glad you are mine for eternity! Anyway, we had a great day. Sawyer woke up kinda early so we didn't get a chance to sleep in (no surprise) so i made Brandon some nummy breakfast! Heart pancakes!! lol After that we went to a park and played some tennis and frisbee in the morning and enjoyed the nice weather, then we dropped the baby off to Kelly so we could have some alone time. We went to our favorite resturant Tepanyaki's! It is by far the best place EVER! We use to go there quite often but once our little man came.... it became a little too much for our wallets! We haven't been there since we found out we were pregnant! I've missed that place!After the wonderful dinner we headed home to change into our pj's and headed to the movie to see Angels & Demons.

I LOVED this show! I read and saw The DaVinci Code and loved that too. Now I'm going to have to read this one and see if the book is better than the movie. It was a great show! Not a movie for kids tho (FYI). After the movie, we headed home for a little husband and wife time. Its been so long since we've gone out on a date alone. It felt nice to just be husband and wife for a few hours! Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mother but mommy and daddy do need some alone time. We enjoyed our time together. Made me feel like we reconnected. I think we'll make it a point of going out alone at least once in a while from now on. A husband and wife that sick together helps the family to stay together right?!

We also saw the new Star Trek.Ok, I am totally not a "Treky" but I think I might become one! It was an awesome show! I won't lie, I was not interested at all in seeing this movie until it came out in RedBox but I am glad I saw it! It had lots of action and I loved the humor in it! Even if you aren't into Star Trek, I'd suggest this movie! Its awesome!

Movie to never waste your time on:As sad as that is to say, this was a lame movie. I love comedy movies but this really wasn't that funny. I also love Kevin James so I'm sad that this movie was a dud. I really wouldn't waste your money renting this. Not even a $1 at Redbox.

A few new things with Sawyer baby, he started crawling on his hands and knees on Sunday! He will still flop onto his tummy at times but he's getting very mobile. SCARY! lol While watching movies he was getting into everything! I love watching him explore tho. Also, he has 4 teeth on top now! He's had a hard time getting them in but they are all there and man does he have big teeth! lol They look like chiclets! lol They are adorable tho! Here is a few new pictures of the cute boy!



And I think that's about it.... least that I can think of for now!!

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Cute new pictures!! Happy Anniversary, too, btw! :) Those heart pancakes are too dang cute!