This was my first Mother's Day and it was a memorable one to say the least. It all started Thursday night. Sawyer slept terrible waking up just about every hour. I couldn't figure out why he was so upset until the next morning. His top gums were so swollen. He didn't sleep well Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday morning at 1 am Brandon brought him into me and he was burning up. He'd had a little bit of a fever but he felt much warmer than normal. I took his temperature and it was 103. Way too warm for that tiny NB. I told Brandon to call the doctor and they said to come in. When we got there they checked his ears.... they were perfect. They listened to his lungs.... they sounded great. They told us to just give him some IBUprofen and keep an eye on him. When we got home I put him in his crib and about every 30 minutes he woke up screaming. It was a long night. When we woke up (after the little sleep we got), Brandon brought in a card from him and Sawyer and my gift. A new MP3 player!! I've been wanting one for ages! I was thrilled! Now I just gotta learn now to download my music to it! lol Brandon made me breakfast and the rest of the morning we were so tired we just kinda chilled. We headed to my mom's house for dinner then went to see Kelly, and finally went to Braxton's baby blessing. Busy Mother's day! I think next year I am just going to stay at home! Oh, and for mother's day Derik and I made cup cake flowers! They were so fun to make! Turned out cute too!
This weekend we were able to get started on our vegetable garden! Friday, we went to a little garden nursery and bought a bunch of vegetable plants and a few fruit plants. We had weed our garden area when we got back and what a lot of work that was! Our poor back yard is mostly all weeds but the little grass we had we had to pull out for our garden spot! It was kinda sad! Brandon and I picked up some compost last night and dumped it on the garden and we were able to get our raspberries planted. Brandon is going to take tomorrow off so he can til up the rest of the garden and get the rest of our vegetables in. This is our first garden and I am soo excited about it! There is something so wonderful about growing your own vegetables! It takes work but the end results will be worth it!
More news, Sawyer is now 8 months old! When we took him to the doctor they weighed him and he is 16lbs 5oz. Skinny boy! lol He's such a character! He's almost crawling on his knees (still doing the worm/army crawl), he's got 3 teeth but 2 more coming in, loves Cherrio's, black beans, his fleece blankie, and being cuddled. He is so adorable, even when he is screaming in the middle of the night! I absolutely love this little boy! I am so grateful to be his momma. He's been such a blessing in my life! I love him and Brandon more than anything in this world! I am truly a blessed woman!
Here's a slide show from the weekend events.
No comments:
Post a Comment