6.24.2009

Count Down!

Only 5 more work days until I am done! Yee haawww! I can't even wait! Its getting harder to get out of bed these last few days. I am ready to wake up with my baby and be able to be with him all day! I am so lucky can i just say. When he wakes up he is a happy camper! This morning he woke up around 6am and was just in his crib talking to himself. I finished getting ready and when I walked in he just grinned at me! It was too precious! I love that he gets so excited when I walk into his room! He's just too dang cute!
Today my supervisor has been having me call to set up interviews for my position. Kinda weird for me to be doing that. They also want me to sit in at the interviews which I don't quite understand. I am going to be gone.... why does it matter what I think? Its nuts tho. We had over 240 applications for my position. Even men are applying for it. Not to be sexist or anything but a male administrative assistant? Could be interesting! lol I've been getting all my stuff together and slowly taking things home. I have a huge cork board chuck full of pictures. It will be very sad to take those all down. My office will look so bare without them. We are having a big dutch oven potluck on my last day and I can't wait! We are having dutch oven chicken, potatoes, veggies, cobbler, and scones plus what everyone else brings! I am going to be in 7th heaven on the 1st! I'll probably gain about 10lbs too! It'll be sooo worth it tho! The guys that are making the dutch oven stuff are practically pros! Woot woot! It will be a bittersweet day. I'll be sad to leave my guys but it will be nice to be with Sawyer!
Here is a sad story from yesterday.... I had Sawyer in his car seat all ready to leave for work so I picked him up and started walking down the stairs. When you hold a baby in a car seat in front of you, you can't see anything in front of you. Well, there happened to be a 4 inch binder filled with all my millions of coupons on the stair and I stepped on it. I slid, lost my balance, dropped my phone and keys, and dropped Sawyer in the car seat. OMG! I could have died! Yes, some very naughty words came flying out of my mouth as I rushed to see if he was ok. Thankfully he was in the car seat strapped in. The car seat landed on its side and Sawyer wasn't hurt other maybe a little whiplash and shock. The poor baby had been asleep and had a rude awakening. I felt AWFUL! I wanted to punch myself! I couldn't believe I had not seen that dang binder the night before. Note to self: NEVER LEAVE ANYTHING ON THE STAIRS!! Man, what an idiot I am. I picked him up and took him out of his seat to make sure he was ok. He was screaming but I think it was mostly cause he was scared (plus I screamed the naughty words). I calmed him down and we got ready to leave again. When he was in the car he acted just fine. Happy even. I'm glad he was ok. It plagued me the rest of the day and still today. Dang that was so horrible.
On a happier note, I put on a pair of work capris that I haven't been able to fit in for 2 years! I was so thrilled! I am trying to get back into shape not just for the looks but to feel better too. My friend and I have been trying to run (which is so hard for me) and it feels great! I told her we should do a triathlon! I think it kinda freaked her out but she agreed to do it with me!! I've always wanted to do one just to say I did. Over the 4th of July, we are going to do a 5K run/walk up in Evanston with Brandon's family. I'm excited! Should be fun!
Has anyone heard of the new Tim Burton film coming out? He's going to do an Alice in Wonderland film! Guess who is in it.... You guessed it Johnny Depp. I don't know what his thing is with him but you can't find a Tim Burton film without Johnny Depp in it. I like Johnny Depp don't get me wrong but its kinda weird to have the same person in EVERY film don't cha think? maybe its just me. Here is what Johnny Depp will look like in this film....

NUTS!!! He looks like a friggin psyco! Yikes! Tim Burton is out there tho.....

So how funny are we? We got tickets to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! Yeesssss! We have seen every Harry Potter movie at the midnight showing! Call us lame I don't care. We love it! Going to the midnight showing is so much better than just seeing it opening day. People at the midnight showing are there because they are super excited about it! There is just so much more excitement in the air than just on opening day. Its a fun little thing we enjoy doing. It comes out July 15th! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

That's awesome that you get to stay home. Uhm, Johnny Depp is brilliant, but he really freaks me out there. I'm so excited for HP & My Sisters Keeper & The Time Travelers Wife. Youtube it! It's based on a brilliant book, both of those movies actually. i'm done babbling officially!

Anonymous said...

OH!! I'm excited for you to get to stay home. It's awesome!!! I haven't worked in over 4 1/2 years. People keep asking me if I'm getting bored but I'm not at ALL I just love it more ever day! It's so fun and I LOVE knowing that I'm raising my kids and not some babysitter or daycare. Haha! Not that Kelly is not a good babysitter ;) you're lucky to have her! Anyways... Congrats on getting to stay home! That is so scary about the stairs. I would freak out I think! I guess that is a good test for your car seat though. It seems to work! Haha! I love reading your blog! I read them all even if I don't comment!

Elise & Ty said...

YAY for staying home! I'm so excited for you! That is awesome. So, I obviously won't be doing any this year, but I did a triathlon last year, and will be doing a couple next year! We should train together! That would be so fun. Way to go on getting back in shape - I totally know what you mean about wanting to FEEL better - I can't wait to get back in shape too!!!