8.28.2009

Need A Little Advice Please

My cute little boy has gotten into a bad habbit recently and I am in desperate need of some advice on how to get him to stop his new attention getter. When he gets really upset now he starts to gag himself until he vomits!! How horrible is that?! I don't know what to do cause when he does vomit I run in there and clean him up cause I really can't just let him sit in his own puke right? But that just teaches him that if he does that than someone will come to his rescue. I don't know what to do to stop him from doing it. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Another question for some of you moms is when your baby turned 1 did you have a hard time? I don't know what my deal is but as of late I have been dying to get pregnant again!! I won't mind you cause we have a 'plan' to get pregnant next year but I can't help the feeling that I want another baby. I don't know if its cause Sawyer is almost 1 and getting bigger and out of that baby stage or maybe I am just crazy! I was watching a birthing channel yesterday {is that weird I love to watch that? The miracle of birth just amazes me!} and when the women had their babies I cried with them! I have been looking through Sawyer's baby pictures and remembering how tiny he once was, how amazing it felt to hold him next to my heart while he slept, and the complete and utter euphoria I felt when I held him while he nursed! I miss how dependant upon me he was. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE this stage where he is learning like crazy and so dang fun to play with, but now he is becoming independant and he wants his dadda a lot more than me now. :0( I am so glad that he does and Brandon loves it too, but I miss him being tiny! Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I just nuts? I tried telling Brandon how I felt last night and he just kinda laughed at me. Men just don't get it! :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get it!!! When Emma was about 10 months I started counting down to when we could try for another! Thankfully i didn't have to wait long cause we wanted to start trying right after she turned 1. I don't think men get it cause the babies aren't dependent on them and they don't have the strong maternal instinct that we do. It's our nature to want to take care of little ones. It's really what we're built for! About the vomit thing... i have no idea! Usually when they do something like that to get your attention you are supposed to ignore it but how can you? You kind of HAVE to clean him up but maybe try just walking in and wiping him down and not talking to him or making eye contact or anything. Maybe then he'll realize it's not the kind of attention he wants. I don't know. That's just an idea.

Anonymous said...

I think God gave us the "wanting another baby feeling" right when the baby is 1. that is before the terrible 2's that you would cure you of that feeling but after you have enjoyed them as tiny babies. So, My advice is JUST DO IT!!!!
Plus, I need to take more photos of a tiny baby. I have some awesome props now.