9.26.2009
Oh The Joys....
Oh the joys of parenting. Sawyer STILL has terrible ear infections. Its been 4 weeks since he got his first infection and they keep getting worse. I have been puked on, peed on, and pooped on at least once ever single day this week. I have very few clothes left to wear cause they have his fluids on them! He has been poked and prodded more in the last month than any poor baby I know. We've been to the doctor 5X just this month! We've been sooooo worried about him because he hasn't been active like he normally is, he isn't eating or drinking well, he's getting thinner {and he can't afford to lose weight}, and he isn't sleeping real good either. He's lost almost a pound which has me so dang worried. He's been on 3 different antibiotics and the most recent one is very hard on his little tummy and makes him vomit within a half hour of taking it. So its really not doing anything for him but making him miserable. He can't keep it down long enough for it to help. Plus, its given him terrible diarrhea. With him not drinking this is so terrifying. I do not want to have to have the doctors strap him down and put an IV in him. I think I'd go berserk! Turn into Momma Bear and that would not be pretty! Last night was terrible for us all. He was so tired yet his poor ears were hurting and that dang medicine made his tummy really upset and he vomited {all over our bed} so I decided it was time to take him in. I felt like I shouldn't wait until the morning. We took him in and they weighed him.... another 5 oz down. Ugh. I told them what he's been like and how his doctor said to try the antibiotic and if it doesn't work give him the shots. I decided the shots were going to be the best way for him to start getting better cause those antibiotics just weren't doing their job. It was horrible to have to watch the nurse put the shot in his baby leg but its been worth it. After a long sleepless night he has improved quite a bit today. He's still not drinking or eating much but he is up and moving much more than he has been the past week or so. He has to go in for another shot tonight {UGH} and then one more after that. I am praying these take care of his little ears. Its just the saddest thing to see him like this. When you look at him you can tell he is just not feeling good. His eyes have circles under them, his face is much thinner and paler than normal, and he is just so mopey. Its been a rough month. I just want him to be better and happy again. Poor little boy. Pray for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sorry to hear this! We'll definitely remember him in our prayers. All my kids had terrible and recurring ear infections, but I don't think any of them lost weight over it. All my 3 youngest got tubes in their ears at least once, and the 2 youngest had their first tubes before they were even 1 yr old. I well understand the frustration/helplessness of the sick baby, giving the antibiotic, dealing with the diarrhea, and the rashes that can so easily develop. I must say, I didn't have to worry so much about the vomiting up the antibiotic, though, that sounds so terrible!
I'll be praying for him to get better, and for you to stay strong, well, and sane (a very difficult chore at times like these!)
So sorry. Sickness is so hard. You really should get that oil for his ears. My 7 month old has had 6 ear infections, been on 5 antibiotics and went through the same sicknesses of antibiotics on the tummy. The oil worked perfectly and cleared his ears good. No tummy aches on that.
Good luck, we will pray for him. He doesn't have any weight to lose. Bummer! Wish I could help. Maybe tubes are the way to go for him.
Poor little man, and mommy!
Jaxon had really bad ears as well. After several ear infections we had the tubes in. Then later we had his adnoids and tonsils out because he couldn't keep anything down. He would just randomly throw up everything in his stomach. Ryker has already had a double ear infection that took twenty days of antibiotics to clear up and the dr said that if he had 3 more in a row....tubes are the next thing. We will pray for you and cute Sawyer.
Post a Comment