12.28.2009

Christmas Weekend.

We did so much stuff this weekend. Christmas Eve we went to Grandma and Grandpa Maxfield and hung out there for a while and had delicious ham! Love grandpa's ham! After some time there we went to my mom's and played games and laughed until we cried..... several times! We slept at our house {1st time ever on a Xmas Eve} and had my mom & Steven and Kelly & Max over to watch Sawyer open his presents. He wasn't really as thrilled about opening gifts as I was hoping but he did enjoy his toys once he got them open and set up! We headed to my mom's for some brunch {delicious} and opening of gifts. Sawyer got more into the gift opening once he found out that Elmo was in one of them! Thanks Aunt Nikki! After we opened out gifts, Nikki and I {plus Derik's friend} started to make our wreaths for our dad's grave. I had never made a wreath myself but it turned out decent if I do say so myself.


Not bad.

After that was done, we headed to Max & Kelly's for the Schramm party. We ate more yummy food and watched all the kids open their gifts! Its a riot to watch the kids go nuts! They are such a hoot to watch! Once 5:30 rolled around it was time to head up to the cemetery with all my siblings and go put the wreaths on my dad's grave and sing Christmas Carols. I wasn't sure how I was going to hold up doing this but I didn't cry. I even felt quite joyful! We mostly sung upbeat Christmas songs but ended up singing Silent Night which a few of us had a hard time with. I was just thankful that we didn't sing "I'll be home for Christmas" I never would have made it through that one. We sung for about a half hour than went to my step-sister Heidi's house and had MORE food and played games. I love Christmas cause you get to see EVERYONE! It was pretty busy but we had a wonderful Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was missing your posts! Your wreath is beautiful. I can't believe you had never made one before! I wouldn't even know where to start. Sounds like Christmas was fun! Sounds like you are doing good :)

Todd and Becky said...

Ha ha ha, I had the same thing happen with Daxton. I thought he would like at least to crumple the wrapping paper, but he wasn't interested either. It's still fun though. Glad you had a good Christmas!

ClaysJenna said...

I love the wreath. A lot. It makes me want to make one. You should post a tutorial 'cause I've never made one, either!!! Glad you had a good Christmas!