Today was Sawyer's appointment with the Pediatric Gastroenterologist and it went.... ok. I had a really good feeling about the doctor. She seemed very thorough and all around likable. This appointment was mostly to start the ball rolling. She got his symptoms and family history and did a small exam. With some of Brandon's family history, the doctor had a few thoughts on what was going to need to be done. Tomorrow, he will be getting an upper GI done at Primary Children's Hospital. Thankfully it will be in the morning since he will not be able to eat 4 hours prior to the procedure. I called Primary Children's to see what the procedure would consist of and they said he will have to drink Barium {ew} then they will take x-rays of him and watch how everything works when he swallows. I am praying they can find an answer to these problems and answers not leading to surgery! That would be wonderful! I know for certain that he is going to throw many a fits. He is not a fan of doctors. Who would be if you were at the doctors office every 2 weeks or so. Sigh.
The doctor also gave us a new prescription to try. We are trying it tonight so hopefully there will be no vomiting. Ahh... a day without vomiting. Its been a while since we've had one of those days. My poor baby is starting to loath eating. Just about every time he eats he vomits it all back up. I think he is starting to associating food with pain. {wish I could do that! Maybe I wouldn't eat so much! lol kidding} It has been so frustrating and scary to go through this with him. We are constantly worrying about his weight gain, the effects the vomiting has on his esophagus, teeth, stomach, and his refusal to eat. I can't even imagine what it is like for him. Poor guy. The doctor said that the day after the upper GI she will call me with results! How wonderful is that?! The day after!! Lets how that's what happens and they can find something relatively non-abrasive to help him. Wish him luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment