4.15.2010

Kabobs, Cake, & Deck

Wednesday night, I made my first kabobs and they turned out really good! I had to have Brandon run to the store to pick up a few items and I told him to pick up pineapple. I just thought by me saying that he would automatically know to get the canned kind. I was wrong. He bought a real pineapple! It was my fault I'll admit. I should have specified the can. Thankfully, the real pineapple worked out great. Probably better than can the canned I would say. So much more sweet, juicy, and fresh. Cooking the kabobs wasn't the easiest. I wasn't expecting the sticks to burn and break off. That made it a little hard to turn them but I did it with only a few burns! :0) My friend told me that if you soak the sticks in water an hour before cooking them, they will not burn (as much anyway). Good to know! Next time I will do that! Even though the sticks broke off, they were delicious!For dessert I made a Poppy Seed Cake and it was to die for! Making that cake is very dangerous for me! I could eat the whole thing in a day and a half! Sick but so true.
Also, on Tuesday, Max came over to help Brandon fix our falling apart deck! I was so glad. Our deck looks like it could be nice but when you walked out on it, it teetered and felt like it was going to go crashing down at any second. They stabilized everything (which was so scary to watch I had to go inside cause I was afraid the deck would come down and smash Brandon under it.) so now when you walk out on it its strong and there is no longer a teetering feel! Woot! We have to do some cementing underneath the deck just to make sure the dirt doesn't slip out and cause it to become unstable again but we plan on doing that Saturday. I also want to repaint the deck Saturday. I have a lot to get done but I am so glad that its safe! Whew!

1 comment:

kim said...

Mmmmmmm... these pictures are making my mouth water!