6.18.2010

Making It Through This Hard Time

Its been 6 months..... At times it feels like 6 years. Others times it feels like only 6 days. I think about my Dad daily. This Father's Day is going to be severely hard. This will be the 1st Father's Day without him. I remember complaining about having to go see my dad on Father's Day but now.... I wish I still had that chance. Its heart wrenching to have that kind of regret. I wish I would have done things different. I wish I could go back and cherish those special holidays. Why did I take those things for granted? I never thought I would lose him so soon.
Today, I am sending a prayer that will hopefully reach through the veil and to my dad....
Dad, I love you. I miss you. I am sorry I was a rotten daughter. I wish I could take back the times I hurt you. I wish I spent more time with you. I wish I could be held in your strong, comforting embrace one last time. Please forgive me..... for everything. I will always be your little girl. I look forward to seeing you again. Until that day.... I love you.

No comments: