I went to the dentist today and Sawyer got to go with me! He got to sit on my lap while they cleaned my teeth and he got to run all over creation! I was so afraid that he was running and bugging people but no one really minded. It was really nice! He even let the dentist look at his teeth! The next time I go in they want me to bring him again and get him use to the dentist. They gave him a toy for being so good, let him play with the spit sucker thing, play with fake teeth, and gave him his own toothbrush, floss picks and tooth paste! He did so well! I hope he doesn't have horrible experiences like I always did. I hated the dentist. Still do actually! hahah It went really well though! That night before I put him to bed I got out his floss picks the dentist gave him and helped him floss his teeth! He LOOOVED it!
He would stick it between his front teeth and wiggle his head back and forth! We even started him on Fluoride toothpaste and have been teaching him to spit out in the sink. Such a big boy!
Also, lately he has been doing so many things! He is a very busy busy boy but its so fun to watch! He is speaking in full sentences, singing songs like Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, Sun Beam, saying prayers now, and he is obsessed with Thomas the Train! I was going to do his new room in motor cycles but he absolutely loves Thomas so I decided to switch it! I bought him a Thomas the Train comforter, pillow, and we've got some pics to put up in his new room along with a Thomas boarder! My mom is going to be coming this week to help me so we can get him moved in so he has time to get adjusted to it before the babies come. I don't want him to think that we are PUSHING him out because of the baby that's why I want to give him a few months to get use to it and hopefully having a new room will make him excited!
The weather was nice last week so I was able to take Sawyer to the park quite a bit. He is just so dang big that it kills me to watch him do all these big boy things! He goes down the big slide without help, wants to climb up the bars, cross the bars and just run around and explore. He sat at a storm drain for a good half hour just throwing stuff down it! I couldn't believe that he spent so much time doing that. He'd rather put stuff down it then play on the playground. What a weirdo kid! Gotta love him though!
He's so dang cute! He's grown so much in the last little while too. He's 30 lbs now! Big boy. I am surprised he is that big. I think the only thing that is helping him fill out is the Boost I've been giving him in his milk. Its got 15 grams of protein and a bunch of vitamins. He's suuuuuch a picky eater its nuts that he has gained any weight at all. It takes me about an hour + to get him to eat. He's stubborn as all get out. Here is an example..... Brandon brought home a sucker so I gave it to Sawyer as a treat. He put it in his mouth and began running around the house so I took it from him and told him he had to sit in his chair if he wanted to eat it. He folded his arms and gave me a "Humph" and took off running again. So I told him I was going to eat it and he came and yelled No so I told him again to get in his chair and he could do it. He did the "humph" again and took off. This went on for probably a good 20 minutes and finally I ate the darn sucker! Brandon wasn't too happy about me eating it but I am going to have 2 more children here soon so I can't just let him get away with things or let him think that if he is stubborn he will get what he wants. So I ate it! Maybe that makes me bad but I have to put my foot down when he is being like that. I would love to say he gets his stubbornness from his daddy, which he does, but I am also stubborn so he had no hope of not getting it! What do you do though right?! He is sure a sweet boy and I absolutely love him to pieces!
2 comments:
so cute!! he definitely handles the dentist better than i do. lol
Yay! I'm glad he did so good at the dentist. I LOVE those kinds of kids! ;) Haha you crack me up with your saying of the "spit sucker thing" by that you meant suction right? hehe! Love You!!! P.S. We have lots of those kinds of floss at our dentist let me know if he needs more. :)
Post a Comment