3.29.2011

#3

Last week was yet another difficult week for my family. We lost our beloved grandpa Keith Passey. He had had a heart attack back in January but seemed to recover pretty well. Last Sunday we was in the middle of Gospel Doctrine class, in the middle of a sentence and went into cardiac arrest. Thankfully he was around so many people because they were able to give him chest compressions and mouth to mouth and saved his life. Even one of my friends husbands did chest compressions to help. They took him to the hospital and he was doing ok. They wanted to do an angioplasty on Monday but his blood was too thin so they scheduled it for Tuesday at 8am.



When Tuesday rolled around his nurse came in and he acted like his usual self. Talking, laughing, making jokes. Everything seemed normal. The nurse walked out of the room and as soon as she did his monitors started blaring. They tried to resuscitate him but it didn't work. This time it was his time to return home. My mom called me around 8:30am and told me the news. I told her I would meet her at the hospital. I had to prepare myself mentally for going over there. This is 3 deaths for my family in 15 months. 2 in less than 2 months. The last 2 have been my mom's parents (her mom and her father-in-law). I knew she was going to need me. When we arrived at the hospital I hugged her and we walked back to his room. His wife Elizabeth, sons Steven (my step- father) and Darelle were already there. I had a very difficult time looking at Keith. He didn't look like himself laying on that hospital bed. I wanted so badly for him to sit up and start joking or tell me its been ages since he's seen me and hug me like he always did. He would always tell me how beautiful I looked even though I would really look horrible. Even after all the deaths I have been through lately.... it doesn't get any easier. I almost feel numb. I don't know how to react anymore. The loss of even my dad still seems so fresh and now I have had to deal with 2 other loved ones. I really pray that we don't have anymore deaths anytime soon. I just don't know if my family can bare much more.

His service was absolutely lovely. He got a military graveside service which was beautiful to see. Here are a few snap shots I got at the grave

Grandpa Keith Passey you will be missed. Until we meet again.....

No comments: