3.17.2009

Fun in the Sun

I have decided that when we become rich, we are going to buy a 'winter' house in Arizona! The weather down there is B E A utiful this time of the year! 70's, blue skys, and a light breeze. Ahhhhh, perfect! We went down to visit Nikki in Tucson this weekend and it was hard coming home!
On the plane to Tucson, Sawyer was a tiny bit fussy cause he was starting to get a little bit of a cold but then we gave him a bottle of juice and he calmed right down. I was worried that he was going to scream the whole time and I'd get crustied from everyone on the plane. You know how that is, a tiny plane and a screaming baby the whole way.......... makes people a little irritable! Thankfully he was good!
When Nikki saw Sawyer she couldn't believe how much he'd grown! She hasn't seen him since he was 3 months old so she was pretty shocked! The first day we got there we helped her change the locks on her house and do a few other little repairs, she helped feed Sawyer his veggies, cooked yummy potato soup (made by Brandon..... DELISH), and we played games.
Then next day we headed out to catch a Tucson Diamond Backs spring training baseball game. It was the perfect day to be outside! I didn't pay much attention to the game. I was just trying to soak up as much sun as I could!
Saturday we decided to go hiking up Sabino Canyon. It was an absolutely gorgeous hike! The scenery was amazing! So different from Utah but gorgeous in its own way. The hike was 6 miles on a paved road which was nice since we had Sawyer in a stroller. For Nikki it was a bit cool but it was nice for us Utahns!
Sunday we headed to San Xavier Mission and what a site that was! They are in the process of restoring it so half of it is white and new and the other is faded and old. They were having Mass when we got there so we walked around the mission. Out in the courtyard there was a little thing of water that said 'Holy Water' with a bucket sitting under the tap to catch the water. A lady had brought in her dog and was letting him drink out of it!! I'm not Catholic but if I were I'd be a little offended! Wish I would have taken a picture of it. It was quite interesting! Once Mass was over, we were able to go inside the chaple and look at all the intricate detailing on the walls. It was magnificent and ornate! After San Xavier's we headed to a Swap Meet. That night we just hung out and played games.
Monday was depressing! I wasn't ready to go home yet! It was nice not having to work and be able to spend time with my family! *sigh* We picked Nikki up at her work and had some lunch and played games. She was kind enough to help try to fix my hips and back before we left. So sweet of her! She took us to the airport and said goodbye which was hard. I love having her around. Can't wait until she moves to Utah!
On the flight home Sawyer was wonderful! Played quietly with some toys as we were talking off then drank some juice and floated off to sleep. Slept the entire flight! I was so glad. He was sick so I was afraid he was going to have a hard time. Such a good boy. Now we are back to reality..... *sigh* Its always hard getting back into the work routine.
Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip. Had to break it down into 3 slide shows to fit all the pictures in!


No comments: