2.11.2010
The Upper GI
Had the Upper GI today. Things went pretty well. As well as can be expected for a 17 month old anyway! We got him there and when they took us back to the x-ray room he freaked! Of course. We stripped him down to his diaper and he clung to me like he was just layer of my skin! He was uncooperative when it came to laying still to take the x-rays so they ended up having to strap him to a board so he couldn't move his arms or legs. That was pretty dang traumatic for him. He screamed and struggled the whole time. He wouldn't drink the barium from his baba either so they had to use a giant syringe. Thankfully he began to drink with the syringe. If he wouldn't have he would have had to have the tube in his nose. Ek! That would have been more than I could take I am thinkin. I stood up by his head the entire time and tried to keep him calm and talk to him. I didn't succeed in keeping him calm but I tried! They took a bunch of x-rays as he drank and the doctor said that his esophagus looked pretty good as well as his stomach. Whew. I just hope the GI doctor can tell us what we can do to help him and hopefully its something fairly simple. After all the testing was finished, the nurse started to unwrap his legs. He started kicking his legs as soon as the straps were off. He couldn't wait until his arms were free either. He was trying to scramble into my arms with one arm still tied into the strap. Once we got him all unscrambled, I just held him. Oh how I long to just take all his pain and fears away from him. We got him all dressed and got him a bottle. When we got him in the car his little eyes were so heavy. He was out in about 10 minutes! He needs the sleep. He had a really rough morning poor thing. The doctor should call tomorrow so I will update when we get word from her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor thing!!! I'm sorry! Hopefully you'll get some answer that will help you guys.
Oh no! Poor little guy. I can't imagine going through this myself! I want to know what ends up happening. :)
I'm so sorry!! Abbi had to be strapped to one of those boards when she got stitches in her foot because she wouldn't hold still. It is so hard to see them so upset and not be able to do ANYTHING! She was soooooo mad too! I don't think she remembers it but I am still upset about it and it was a year ago!! I really feel for your little guy! Primary Children's is great though! Abbi had surgery to have a cyst removed there and everyone was so nice and they are soooo good with kids and scared parents! We're lucky they are around! Hopefully Sawyer is felling better and got some good sleep!
Poor little man. I hope they get it all figured out. Mostly for you, throw up is so gross:)
Post a Comment