8.18.2010

Day 1 In Seattle

Brandon and I decided to take this random trip to Seattle for 2 reasons.
Reason #1- I have 3 step-brothers that live there that I really don't know very well and wanted to get to know them better. They live in Washington so we decided to head there and have them show us around while we bonded.
Reason #2- We plan on expanding our family within the next few months so this would be our last real opportunity for a vacation. So we invited ourselves up and lucky for us my brother's were able to take off some time at their works and show us the sights!
It was awesome! We did SOOOO much stuff its insane. The first day we arrived around 8:30 am so first thing we did was go out for breakfast. I had delicious waffles with strawberries and whip cream! Delightful. Next we headed to some random joke store which was where I saw this cool graffiti Gotta admit its pretty sweet! We then headed to Gas Works Park. Didn't spend too much time there but it was pretty neat to see.
Then we headed to the Microsoft store where my other step-brother Chris works. We played with a few of the 'toys' there such as the Tablet. The Tablet is awesome! Its huge but you can do some pretty neat things! We were in need of some food so we got cupcakes that were so prettyThey were a delicious snack! We went to a vintage store and I found some pretty stylin' sunglasses....Hot?! I thought so! lol
After the shopping we ended up going to some little pizza place where there is lingerie all over the walls and outside! It was great! They had some pretty interesting signs...


Thankfully the pizza was great!! The place was a little.... questionable! Fun though.

We caught Justin using the woman's 'powder room'!! We were walking around town when I stumbled across two kinda odd things...

First this poster!

And then this street sign! Gotta love it!

After the delicious pizza, we went to Theo's Chocolate Factory! They have a bunch of different chocolate bars that they cut up for you to sample. They had crazy kinds like a chili pepper one that burned the carp out of my mouth, orange, basil, lavendar, and a bunch others. I ended up getting 4 different kinds of chocolates and caramels. I loved LOVED the Lavendar salted caramel. It was amazing! They take pure lavendar and mix it right in with the chocolate. Wow! Delicious! Later that night we went to Molly Moon's Ice cream shop. I didn't get anything but I was able to sample some Cucumber shorbet and another kind but I can't remember but they were both nasty in my opinion. But Brandon loved his HUGE Ice cream cone!

We ended up going to bed probably around 1 or 1:30 am (which was 2am our time). Whew! Busy first day but it was great!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

What a fun vacation! That street sign is funny!!!

Erika and Kevin said...

What a blast! That looks like way too much fun! I am jealous! We need a vacation so bad!

L said...

I'm so bummed we missed you guys! We're slackers, I know. I'm trying to figure out when we might be able to come to Utah to visit. I really have been missing your mom and Steve, as well as Keith and Elizabeth. As our family grows, the distance seems greater.

It looks like you had a good time in Seattle. I love the city, but find some of what makes Seattle great are a little too odd for me. :) Definitely not mainstream Utah. LOL

I hope you don't think we ditched you! Timing was just hard with everything going on right now. Boo! And I'm excited to hear when you get pregnant! I'm seven months along now and anxious to get this little girl into my arms. :) Hope to see you soon.

Adrienne said...

so nice to get away by yourselves.